1 Stars By TheMagpie74 on 2014-09-08
Shouldn't be called a fan.. there's no wind circulated!
Do NOT waste your money on this. I got this fan as I live in the south in an area with NO wind at times and high humidity and for use when I take my dogs to the dog park just to get some cool air while watching the boys. It's a great small size, fits in my small backpack... but literally blows like, NO wind. You have to turn it all the way up and hold the fan about 2" away from your face to even feel any sort of air movement. Giant waste of money, very very disappointed.
4 Stars By pgirl on 2015-06-25
cool burst of air
I choose this fan because of design and retractable stand, the soft plastic blades won't prick your fingers. It is small and portable so you can take anywhere. Price was low $5.90 reduced from $30. I use the fan when I want a burst of cool air don't want to turn big fan on. I attach to my computer and have used it for about a month. About a week ago the stand cracked in half and the speed dial stopped working so there is only one speed (high) and I can't turn it off because the off control is part of the speed dial. It is made of cheap plastic so I tapped the stand and can still use, can only plug-in now because I can't turn it off. I would still recommend for the price.
5 Stars By TN Prof on 2016-12-29
We've tried almost all the hand held fans available. ...
We've tried almost all the hand held fans available. My wife takes estrogen blockers and has unbelievable hot flashes. This one is the most powerful and moves the most air, in spite of being among the least expensive. Have used if for several months now, with no problems other than the black color causing it to become "lost" in her large purse. We are ordering more.
2 Stars By Eric and Fam on 2014-10-04
Would've been nice!... If it didn't break in <1 week.
This fan would've been nice if it didn't break after 4 days of ownership. I got this to help fanning my baby's bottom during diaper changes (dry butt = less diaper rash!). It worked pretty well... but then it broke. The rotary power/speed dial now freely-spins. Unless I really crank on it upwards while twisting it, the fan doesn't respond if I try to turn it slower/off or faster/on.
- Takes 4 AA batteries
- Fan blades don't hurt at all if you touch them while the fan's on.
- Fan blades are exposed and it's pretty easy to clip something when we used it so close to our baby's butt
- Getting batteries into this thing is no easy task. I had to get crafty with a knife to get the first battery into this sucker
- Power dial to turn on/faster the fan broke on us, and we didn't really abuse this thing
3 Stars By 2DayDeliver Customer on 2017-09-22
This wasn't what I expected, but it did the job. The title mentioned USB, which made me think you could charge the device by USB OR use batteries. But it just means you plug it up and use it as a stationary fan or use batteries to make it portable.
The fan is also bigger than I expected. All in all though, for the price the fan does the job and it made my event durable through the heat.
3 Stars By 2DayDeliver Customer on 2017-03-07
This fan is nice but USB charger doesn't work
This fan is nice but USB charger doesn't work.. It does work with batteries & USB needs to be plug in to work...
5 Stars By StlJim on 2015-08-08
Very useful little personal fan. I gave it as a gift to someone who is always hot and they love it. It is used just as a battery operated fan, the USB power has not been tried. The USB cable supplied though is rather short so you would have to be close to the USB connector to use it. I don't see much use for the lanyard supplied at least not for this fan. It has a variable speed control so the speed of the fan can be adjusted continuously from low to high. It also has a little pop-out stand for use on a table or desktop.
2 Stars By Scott on 2013-12-26
Noisy and Minimum Air Flow with Impossible Battery Compartment
I was looking forward to this fan for a trip to a hot climate, but after I opened it today it appears it is virtually useless.
1. The battery compartment - you have to get 4 batteries in, but the only way to do so is by coming in sideways at a weird angle. Doing so, the metal coil from one of them just popped off as soon as I touched it. I had to pull out the metal plate with pliers to fix it, then put in the bottom batteries with plate out, THEN reinsert the plate, THEN add the top batteries. Unbelievably horrible design.
2. Air flow - Where is it? If I hold the fan precariously close to my face, as in 2 inches away, I feel a bit of air coming from it, but I would get more cooling factor just swatting around my face with my own hand. On the highest setting this fan is extremely weak.
3. Noise - On any setting this fan generates noise. At the highest setting, which is what you'll need to generate ANY kind of cooling effect, everyone on your bus/plane/train is going to HATE you and will probably smash this fan if you haven't already.
1. The ONLY pro about this whole experience was the fast shipping from the "Fulfilled by 2DayDeliver" shipping. I only hope it's as fast for me to send this back and get my money back because it is truly useless.
I do NOT understand all of the positive reviews. I ordered two fans and they both have the same flaws, so it's unlikely I got TWO lemons...
Beware of this cheaply made product and source out some other way of keeping cool.
1 Stars By Mirna rainville on 2015-06-19
Useless SUB CORD
Warning warning warning
After using it for one and half weeks I dumped in the garbage because stopped working
I bought it for about $13 and they reimburseme with $2 cz only uses batteries but it says online that uses USB lol that USB is useless by the way and I could of return the fan but I didn't want to go through the process of mailing it back to China. Besides I waited weeks on top of weeks to get it I didn't want to wait again for so long I needed a stroller fan but at the end I ended up without one anyway.
5 Stars By Pattie on 2015-07-01
Mini Operated Hand Held Fan
This is by far the best mini Super Hand-Held battery operated fan I have ever owned and I can also use while sitting in church because of it's quietness.
I can also hang it around my neck if i want to got shopping and don't feel like carrying a purse.
I do highly recommend it to those that would like a quiet hand held battery operated fan...it's powerful for such a small fan and serves it's purpose.
I am thinking of ordering several as C'mas gifts.