5 Stars By 2DayDeliver Customer on 2016-08-13
Perfect so far! ... Here's some info..!
FINALLY!! After months of research on the Ins-and-Outs of what to take, how much to take, and things to avoid... I finally chose MyKind Organics Prenatal Multi! It is top rated in many comparison tests (including Labdoor) for its contents and certifications.
My main reasons for choosing these vitamins are because...
1) Folate not Folic acid---folate is the natural form. It is easily digestible compared to the synthetic form called Folic Acid, as many people cannot property digest and use the synthetic form.
2) Vitamin A as Beta Carotene (the natural form of the vitamin) instead of the synthetic form called Retynol Palemate.
3) It has many other great vitamins that you need for healthy baby! Such as iodine, B12, B6, etc...
4) It is certified Organic and vegan, and many others certs!
5) The pill is the same size as my women's One-a-day and is easier to swallow. The bottle has a sort of sweet smell (like I can smell the organic fruit and veggie blends in the pills) so it doesn't make me nauseated!! Which is a Huge pro!!! Especially when taking three per day.
Some things to know...
1) You have to take it 3 times a day instead of once a day but the pro to this is.... A one a day vitamin gives you a lot at one time and many times you end up sending most of the vitamins out through urination. But with three pills a day you are getting good vitamins all day that your body can continue to absorb as needed!
2) It does NOT come with enough calcium recommended for pregnant women as it only contains 5%... but my OB said it is okay to take a calcium supplement as needed, so I have a bottle of Calcium (calcium carbonate) in 500mg tabs.
3) It does NOT have DHA so you will need to suppliment for that (I chose Nortic Naturals Prenatal DHA and I like it).
Some extra info...
I just want to say that as I read the reviews on here many many times and for many other vitamins, I was skeptical to buy....but I thought it was worth a shot since it had so much good stuff for my baby. Thanks to many reviews, I chose NOT to buy these off if 2DayDeliver as many women say that they came smelling foul and made them sick! I also read that the vitamins that 2DayDeliver distribute are not always quality controlled which worried me. So, I personally bought mine off Pharmaca.com as well as my local Health Basket and haven't had an issue so don't be fooled by the great prices on 2DayDeliver because many places will have deals or price match! I will also attach photos and edit my review as I take them for. Longer period! :)
5 Stars By Hillary and Jared on 2017-01-06
Wonderful vitamin for people with Celiac Disease
I have Celiac Disease and I have to take vitamins and supplements to help with nutrient absorption. These are wonderful! I love that they are certified gluten free. Puts my mind at ease knowing that I can safely take these vitamins and I don't have to worry about gluten contamination.
5 Stars By Candice on 2017-12-26
High quality product
These are the only vegan organic multi/prenatal vitamins I could find. Regardless, the ingredients are of high quality and provides some key vegan ingredients that vegans are typically missing from their diets. These do have a vitamin flavor/smell (not as bad as some I’ve had), which is sometimes difficult when dealing with pregnancy sickness but I’ve found that if I take them at any point during the day I’m not feeling sick I can get them down without any issues. Taken once a day gets you about six months worth. The price seems high but not when you factor in both quantity and quality.
5 Stars By HollyNicole on 2017-09-28
I love these. I think taking 3 a day works because you can take one with each meal. You get a steady supply of vitamins, and it is nice not to pee them all out. I had four children. I have tried all the vitamins outs there. These are the best!!!! They are also made with real folate; which is hard to find.
1 Stars By Zeus on 2018-01-02
So sad to see it being sold out to Nestle
So sad to see it being sold out to Nestle... the company that wants to privatize water and could care less about the environment and the people in it, won’t be using this anymore after years of being a loyal customer. Won’t be able to trust the brand anymore.
5 Stars By Gator Girl 1822 on 2016-01-10
More Than Expected!
What a great product! I didn't think it would make a difference at all, but not only is it wholesome, it has helped with some anxiety I had been having!
Make sure to take as directed. I wanted to cheat and not take as many as they label suggests, but once I started the recommended amount, I really could tell a difference!
5 Stars By DRICO on 2017-04-20
she has found these to be the best in term of quality and the price point
There is none that can compete. Whether you read the reviews or simply the ingredients, you'll find that this is the top-of-the-line multi-vitamin. My wife is health freak and after going through other more healthy whole-food option vitamins, she has found these to be the best in term of quality and the price point. Very impressed myself with my Men's Multi and other products made by Garden of Life.
5 Stars By Chels on 2018-01-04
Second time pregnant..
Perfect for Prenatal and Breastfeeding. I took these with my first pregnancy back in 2015-16 and through breastfeeding. They haven't failed me. I don't feel nauseas taking them and this has been the only product I've used for Prenatal vitamins. I really like that the ingredients are from vegetables and fruits. From real foods and not packed with a bunch of chemicals.
1 Stars By Hopkins Family on 2018-01-26
Please, don't buy this product.
I thought I was having some postpartum hives going on, but this is not the case at all. If I take 3 pills as it instructs (with food) I will break out in a red rash. Elbows, face, knees, legs will all become itchy and red for about 30-60 minutes. I'm a pretty healthy person and I never knew I was allergic to anything. I'm returning my extra unused bottles and throwing my open one away.
5 Stars By DJ2BIG on 2016-05-11
Baby bump health
I purchased these for my wife after some research and I decided these would be best. She says she feels the difference and notices better baby bump health. She also says that she is benefiting from taking them hair nails etc. So mom is happy and we await our heathy baby.