▼ The log is steel reinforced, plus produced with lave granules plus significant heat ceramic refractory which is employed to check rocket machines. ★★★ See more info and FAQ below in Product Description section.★★★
▼ Handmade, longer Lead-Time. ▼ Dimensions: About an adult skull. Averagely, the length is 8-9 inches, width is 6.5-7.5 inches. Heavy. Highly detailed, hand painted refractory fire log.
▼ Looks more natural and creepier after burning. ▼ Packing: SKULL + LOWER JAW (packed separately in box).
▼ Type: Imitated Human Skull Fire Gas Log with 4 color choices - White, Black, Brown, Dark Grey.
▼ By 3 generations of designers, logs are designed, handwork manufactured in CA USA, Approved Certification is through OMNI TESTING LABORATORIES. Indoor gas logs sets have limited LIFETIME WARRANTY by manufacturer.
COMMON CONCERNS & FAQ:
1) The Jaw or skull is broken - Ceramic material is brittle, it can break in shipping if rough handling. Please include a photo of the broken part when contacting PayandPack on 2DayDeliver.
2) I can't find the jaw - These skulls come in two pieces, the upper head and the jaw. Please carefully check in the foam that the skull was wrapped with. The jaw will be individually wrapped in packing foam.
3) I am unsatisfied with the paint job - Rest assured, when you start to burn the skull in the fire, any chips or spots will turn black with use. All skulls, no matter the paint job, will look the same in the end; the product is a fire-proof skull, any paint is just to make it look better while in its raw state. Soot accumulation is natural, inevitable and pure black. The photos of the skulls taken in advertisements have had some use to fill in every crack with soot. Please burn your skull sufficiently and we are confident that you will be very satisfied with its finished appearance.
4) The skull is burning - It is NOT burning. Soot accumulation is part of the chemical reaction when gas/wood burns. ANYTHING that goes into an open fire turns black, gas logs / fire skulls included. Our findings are that with soot accumulation, their appearance becomes more genuine and realistic.
5) The jaw does not fit - This jaw will not fit perfectly in the closed position (though it will get very close). It is specifically designed to prop the skull up, in a mouth-open position, to allow flame to pass through the open mouth (as advertised).
6) What are they made out of? They are made out of high heat refractory, which is a type of ceramic.
7) Can they be burned with wood? YES. Wood or any combustible gas.
8) Can I use it in vent-less fireplace or fire pit? No, VENTED only.
★★★★142 real customer reviews average rating: 4.3 stars (scroll to see all)
1 Stars By Angela Broyles on 2017-07-05 Buyer beware Seriously not happy, does NOT look anything like photo in ad. 65 bucks is a lot of money for a heavy piece of junk. Buyer beware.
2 Stars By Moon Willow on 2017-07-06 Pretty dissapointed in the quality First off, I ordered the white skull. The jaw is packaged separately from the skull, so it won't break in shipping. I unwrapped them and noticed right away the color didn't match. The skull is grey and the jaw is white. Ok, it will get burned in the fire. No biggie I guess, but for 65 bucks, you would think they could get the color right. Second big issue is the quality. Check out my photos. Really crap job on the teeth. Doesn't look anything like the product.The bottom of the skull has flat plate and it doesn't line up well with the jaw, so it just sort of leans on the jaw. There are jagged parts that prevent the jaw from sitting correctly. I know, some of you are thinking, it's gonna sit in a fire pit. Yeah, you are correct, but, dang, for the money I paid, the skull and jaw should at least line up. I was thinking of ordering a few for the pit. It's a good think I only ordered one. Not happy at all. Oh well, live and learn. I won't be ordering any more.
4 Stars By Janina C on 2017-04-09 Fire pit skull Fire pit skull. Skull is cool. Took some time to receive it in the mail. No lower jaw included. Disappointed it didn't look like the advertised picture with the lower jaw.
5 Stars By Kris k. on 2017-04-18 Oh, man... Oh, man... Five stars. I'm posting a couple pics and a video. It's cool, yo. 65 bucks is a little much but I figure I'll blow the money somewhere else anyway; might as well have a pile of ceramic BBQ skulls. Recommended. Halloween? Oh hell yes.
1 Stars By shannon mencke on 2017-02-13 nothing like the picture or product description!!! this is not the product your advertising!!! its not hollow like it looks in the picture, fire doesn't go through it and most of all, There is no bottom jaw!!! All in all you charged me a lot of money for a rock that resembles the top of a skull. I bought 5 of these because it was going to be a great to have these in a stack with fire flowing through them. Really great for the kids during Halloween. That's not going to happen now because fire won't flow through them. It's just gonna look like a bunch of rocks in the middle of my fire pit. Really bad product and I hope nobody wastes their money like I did...
1 Stars By 2DayDeliver Customer on 2017-05-19 Product did not look like the picture at all and there was no lower ... Product did not look like the picture at all and there was no lower jaw. Still looks good enough in a fire though.
5 Stars By David Straquadine on 2016-10-26 Very Cool! Awesome looking within a gas fire place! Starts glowing red in some areas after a while but take the heat. It does build up soot on it over time but very easy to clean with just plain water. Well worth the money!
5 Stars By Jennie Freeman on 2017-08-02 This was the most awesome Father's Day gift ever This was the most awesome Father's Day gift ever. I didn't know what to get for the man that already has everything. The obvious choice was a skull for the fire. He loves it. Will probably order another near Christmas, to keep this one company among the flames. Excellent quality product.
5 Stars By J. Geyer on 2017-11-04 Looks great burning or not burning! Awesome skull! Great size and appears to be good quality after a few fires at least. Very heavy for a small thing. Looks real and better with time as it burns. This was really meant for a Halloween decoration for our outdoor fire pit but this may be a year round fire pit decoration for us (insert thumbs up)!
5 Stars By punkstickah on 2015-11-10 Quality Heavy Pit Skull Built To Last Closely resembles a human skull and has spooked some visitors.. pretty cool!!